lunes, 19 de marzo de 2007

Regalo para mi papá

Self-Portrait

My name is Isabel and I’m 24. I live in a rent flat with my friends in Chamberí, but I was born in Zaragoza. I’m a student yet, but not for a long time... (I hope!) I know myself perfectly. Too much, I think!! So it’s very difficult to me to write about my personality. But I’m trying it.

As most of mortal people, I like all the little silly thing of the life. Even though they are only silly things, I consider them to be very important. I like beer, sweets, a very long and hot shower, eating with chopsticks, I love the chocolate, getting asleep with a book in my face and all kind of films. I like videogames, daisies, forests, singing in the karaoke and comics, pictures, Internet, cushions and playing cards.

Oh! And I HATE insects!!

If someone had asked me fifteen years ago what I would like to be in my life, I had answered him that I would like to be a Hollywood actress. I would like to wear their dresses, to go to the same parties, to smoke like them… but, above all, to be kissed by the actors. When I was a child I saw the Academy Awards show on the TV, and I felt excited, and I knew that someday one of those Oscars would be mine. Even I had written my speech!!

Ten years ago my parents gave me my first guitar. Then, if someone had asked me what I would like to be… do you know the answer? I had said: “The only think I really would like is to be a rock star”. I wanted to try some drugs and not to sleep too much. I wanted to feel that my body and my mind were not together. I wanted to spend my time alone and I also wanted to feel into the crowd.

If someone had asked me a couple of years ago what I would like to be, the answer had been very different. “I’m becoming a very great woman, a perfect woman! I’m getting a wonderful job, a fantastic husband and lots of children”. I had wish a lovely house with garden and an enormous car.

But someone asked me yesterday. After so long, yesterday, at last, someone asked me. And do you know what I answered? Nothing. I’m not sure… Every time I know it better. It’s something I often think about, especially during the night, while I put cream on my face. One of that creams for the wrinkles that I haven’t got.

When someone ask me in a fifty year’s time what I have been, you know what I’m going to answer. A cinema director, a dancer, a samurai warrior, why not?, a masseuse of a masculine water polo team… You understand it, don’t you? I knew you’d do! In fifty years I’ll be able to say that I have lived. Furthermore, I’ll be able to say that I have dreamt.

No hay comentarios: